|Pictured: RD Reynolds & Bill Apter (Note: Not holding his new book)|
RD & Blade fondly remember John Thomas/Harry Simon. (:00 - :04)
They then get straight to interviewing legendary wrestling icon
Some highlights of the conversation:
- Many people at Pro Wrestling Illustrated were in fact real folks and not someone with a badpun pseudonym. Sadly he had yet to 'meet' Liz Hunter in person or remember Rita M. Budda.
- While working in the WWE the idea of a physical Hall of Fame was brought up. Blade still wants to give his Katie Vick outfit to it.
- When he talks with Jerry Lawler he always has to do a bad Stubby impression. He demonstrates it to the progrem's 15 Listeners.
- He still didn't know why Haku didn't come with crown as illustrated. At least he's not scared of Harley Race who he considers a good man when they were on the road.
- He HATES the "Apter Mag" term as it discounts all the other good men and women he worked with back in the publishing office.
- He relates his entry and first few days in Stanley Wesson.
- He and Paul Heyman (when he was still a wrestling photographer with them) would often get into arguments about their work. According to Bill Paul got bald thanks to the intense wrestling lights.
- He really wanted to interview Antonio Rocco but he sadly never got the chance to.
- RD teases Bill's book by mentioning his (Bill's) penis.
- Larry Holmes once told him "I didn't know you could make a kid with a stick."
- His favorite cereal is Cheerios thanks to The Lone Ranger.
- He discusses more about apartment wrestling than anyone should healthily talk about it.
- He was once a carnival barker. Shilling ensues.
Then he pulls a Commander Shepard and goes.
$28.50 plus that $19.99 The Price Is Right
[Side Note: One of the Wrestlecrapradio.com crew met Bill Apter a long time ago. When I was writing for another website I went to one of these conventions Bill Apter mentioned. Ran into my buddy Christy Hemme. Also that's where I met Wrestlecrap Radio's favorite Becky, Becky Bayless (Cookie in TNA) and started my hatred for ODB. I ran into Bill Apter by accident. We talked for a bit and he was exactly like the interview. Apter asked for a business card which sadly at the time I was stupid enough to bring. Aw the potential that could had been done there. --Raging_Demons]